2003 Chevrolet Venture Change the Battery
Auto batteries, after time and extended use, can lose their capability of holding a charge. In order to keep your 2003 Chevy Venture safe and reliable, you must replace a bad battery immediately after it begins to fail. Battery replacement is a simple task that requires a few basic tools and 5 to 10 minutes of time.
|Replacement auto battery|
Change the Battery
- Park your Chevy on an open, flat surface and turn off the ignition.
- Open the hood and secure it with the lock bar.
- Remove the black and red plastic covers from the battery terminals, if applicable. The covers pop off when lifted.
- Remove the mounting bolts on both the positive and negative terminal connections using a crescent wrench.
- Slide the terminals off the battery posts.
- Lift the old battery out of its housing.
- Slide a new auto battery into place in the housing.
- Replace the positive, then negative terminals on the appropriate battery post. Make sure you match up the red (positive) and black (negative). Replace the mounting bolts on both terminals with a crescent wrench.
- Place the plastic covers back on the terminals and close the vehicle's hood.
Tips & Warnings
- Purchasing a new battery may be more cost-effective than buying a refurbished battery.
- Always use caution when working around possible live electrical ends.