2002 Ford Taurus Serpentine Belt Installation
The 2002 Ford Taurus has a complete serpentine accessory drive belt. This means there is one belt that runs through the pulleys for the alternator, water pump, power steering and air conditioner. If this belt is cracked, it should be replaced as soon as possible to avoid the belt breaking and possibly damaging your engine.
 Tools Used
 Serpentine Belt Installation
- Park your Ford Taurus on a level surface any time you will be working under the hood of the vehicle. This reduces the risk of the car rolling or the hood falling while you are completing the repair.
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery.
- Draw a diagram of the belt routing through the pulleys. The new belt must be installed in the same order that the current belt is on the vehicle.
- Place the 15mm socket on the belt tensioner. Turn counterclockwise to loosen the pulley. This will introduce the slack necessary to remove the belt.
- Pull belt out from the pulleys.