2001 Ford Taurus Electric Window Motor Removal & Installation
Ford equipped its 2001 Taurus with power windows. A 12-volt regulator motor inside the door controls the position of the window glass. Press the bottom of the window control switch on the door to lower the window. Press the top of the switch to raise the window. Age and wear causes the motor to fail and necessitates replacement of the door window's regulator motor.
 Tools Used
|Socket and ratchet|
|Inch-pound torque wrench|
 Electric Window Motor Removal & Installation
- Close the window. Open the hood of the Taurus and disconnect the battery's negative cable with a wrench.
- Open the door. Use a screwdriver to remove five screws down the sides and across the bottom of the door's interior panel. Remove two screws from the panel near the interior pull molding.
- Grasp the bottom of the door panel and pull it toward you to release the panel retainers. Disconnect the electrical connectors on the backside of the panel, then remove the panel.
- Fold the water shield aside. Disconnect the connector for the door window regulator motor.
- Remove three bolts holding the door window regulator motor, using a socket and ratchet. Remove the door window regulator motor.
- Reverse the disassembly steps to reassemble. Torque the forward bolt for the motor to 53 inch-pounds. Torque the other two bolts to 80 inch-pounds.