1999 Ford Taurus Replace Headlight Assembly
The headlight assembly on the 1999 Ford Taurus should be replaced if the outer lens separates from the main housing assembly unit. A failed housing assembly will fill with moisture from the air and can cause an electrical short, or catastrophic failure of the headlight bulb. Replacement housing assemblies can be purchased from most auto parts stores; however, you may be able to get the best fit and finish by purchasing your headlight assembly directly from a Ford dealership.
 Tools Used
 Replace Headlight Assembly
- Open the hood and locate the mounting screws on the top of the headlight assembly.
- Unscrew the mounting screws using a screwdriver.
- Slide the headlight housing forward.
- Unplug the power connector from the back of the housing assembly.
- Remove the housing assembly from the Taurus' chassis.
- Slide the new housing assembly into place.
- Plug the electrical connector into the headlight ballast.
- Secure the housing assembly with the mounting screws using a screwdriver.