1998 Volvo S90 Reset Service Light
You can reset the service light on your '98 Volvo S90 right from your home garage, saving yourself time and money. The Volvo comes equipped with an On-Board Diagnostics computer that receives trouble codes from sensors positioned throughout the vehicle. When it receives a trouble code pertaining to when the vehicle needs to be taken to a mechanic for routine servicing, it will illuminate the Service Engine Soon light on the instrument panel. When you see this light, have the vehicle serviced, then reset the light. Don't reset the light until the servicing is complete or else the light will turn back on again.
| This process does not require tools.
If you feel any tools are required, feel free to update this article.
 Reset Service Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the "I" position, taking care not to start the engine.
- Find the trip odometer button near the speedometer. Press and hold it while at the same time turning the ignition key to position "II."
- Watch as the service light flashes. When it hits the 4th flash, turn the key back to the "I" position, while still depressing the trip odometer button.
- Release the button and start the engine. The Service Engine Light should now be turned off. The computer has been reset.
 Tips & Warnings
- You may have to repeat the above procedure more than one time to get the light to reset.