1998 Ford Taurus Replace Windshield Fluid Hose
Windshield washer fluid hoses carry washer fluid from the fluid reservoir to the washer spray nozzles in the cowl on the 1998 Ford Taurus. Over time, the hoses can deteriorate, crack and ultimately leak fluid preventing them from delivering fluid to the washer nozzles. If this happens to your 1998 Taurus, you need to remove and replace the hoses as soon as possible to continue using the windshield washer system. Anyone with a modicum of auto-repair skill can replace the windshield washer fluid hose in about 15 minutes.
 Tools Used
|Bulk washer hose, 5 feet|
 Replace Windshield Fluid Hose
- Open the Taurus' hood.
- Pull the used windshield washer fluid hose end off the underside of the washer nozzle.
- Pull the hose out of the retaining clips. Pull the other end of the hose off the washer pump outlet hose tee.
- Stretch the used hose to its full length alongside an equal length of bulk washer hose. Cut the bulk washer hose to the exact same length as the used hose with the knife.
- Plug one end of the new hose into the washer pump outlet hose tee. Run the hose up and into the retaining clips and over to the washer nozzle. Plug the free end into the washer nozzle.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 to replace the other windshield washer fluid hose if necessary.