1998 Ford Taurus Remove Front Bumper
If the front bumper cover on your Ford Taurus has been hit and badly damaged in a collision, you should remove it for replacement as soon as you can. It's also possible to remove a good bumper if you want to replace it with a homemade body kit or other aftermarket model. Don't remove a bumper unless you are prepared to re-install or replace it before driving again. If the bumper cover has been broken or noticeably damaged, you may need to adjust the following steps.
 Tools Used
 Remove Front Bumper
- Open the car's hood and disconnect the headlamp assemblies by removing the housing screws at the top, loosening the pinch bolt, pulling the housing out and disconnecting the electrical connector.
- Remove the fender screws located within the headlight openings with a screwdriver; there should be one screw inside each opening.
- Disconnect the air deflector panel for the radiator from underneath the car. If the car is equipped with fog lamps, disconnect their electrical connectors.
- Detach the two inner fender liners--raise the car on jacks, remove the front wheels and remove the screws attaching the liner to the air deflector and body. Remove the push pins with a screwdriver and pliers, remove the remaining screws and pull the liner away from the fender well.
- Remove the nuts connecting the bumper to the fender using a wrench--one nut for each fender.
- Unscrew the five bolts attaching the bumper to the radiator support with the wrench.
- Slide the bumper forward and remove it from the car. This should require at least two people.