1995 Ford Taurus Replace Turn Signal Bulb
The turn signal bulb on the 1995 Ford Taurus is located on the outside corners of both the front headlight assembly and the rear taillight assembly. The procedure for the removal of the headlight assembly to access the bulbs (headlights and turn signals) is the same for both the sedan and station wagon models. However, the procedure is different for the rear taillight assembly for the two different body styles.
 Tools Used
|Phillips head screwdriver|
|Ratchet and socket set|
|3157 A (amber) replacement turn signal (front)|
|3357 replacement turn signal (rear)|
 Replace Turn Signal Bulb
Front Turn Signals
- Open the hood and prop it up.
- Turn the two upper headlight assembly retainers 1/2 turn counterclockwise with a Phillips head screwdriver. Once the tabs of the retainers are aligned with the notches on the headlight assembly, pull them out and set them aside.
- Wiggle the headlight assembly forward to unseat the guide pin retainer from the back of the assembly. The guide pin sits inside a small plastic anchor. Be careful not to scratch the lens, bumper or fender.
- Locate the harness and socket connection for the turn signal on the outer edge of the assembly. Grab the socket and turn it 1/3 turn to remove the socket and bulb from the assembly.
- Remove the old turn signal bulb and insert the new one. Test the new bulb before reinstalling the bulb and assembly into the Taurus. Reverse the procedure to reinstall.
Rear Turn Signal--Sedan
- Open the trunk and remove the rubber lining covering the taillight assembly. Pull the lining out by hand.
- Remove the black plastic wing nuts protruding from the trunk liner then pull the liner away from the back of the taillight assembly.
- Remove the three retaining nuts using a ratchet and socket.
- Disconnect the wire harness for the turn signal located on the outer edge of the taillight assembly.
- Turn the socket and turn signal counterclockwise 1/3 turn to remove them from the taillight assembly. Pull the turn signal light out of the socket and reinstall the new one. Test and reverse the procedure to reinstall the taillight assembly.
Rear Turn Signal--Wagon
- Lift the tailgate and remove the two retaining screws located on the side of the taillight assembly with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Pull the taillight assembly straight back from the vehicle to unseat the guide pin securing the assembly.
- Disconnect the wire harness connection from the turn signal located on the outer edge of the taillight assembly.
- Turn the socket and turn signal 1/3 turn to remove them from the assembly. Remove and replace the turn signal.
- Test the turn signal then reinstall by reversing the procedure for removal.